Monday, September 29, 2014

September 22, 2014

Sept. 22, 2014

Well, we went to the transfer meeting on Thursday and I found out my new area and companion. I am now serving with Elder Paulsen (who entered the mission the same time I did) in the Madison Lake 2 area. You got your wish about me getting out of Columbus, Mom. The Madison Lake Branch, which we split with a set of sisters, covers all of Madison County, which is West of Columbus. Our area is half of the county and includes several small towns and a whole lot of farmland. It is a much different area than what I am used to, but it should be a good experience to work here. We live in West Jefferson which has a few thousand people maybe. I am still a district leader. My companion and I are the only Elders in our district, which is weird. Elder Paulsen is from Tooele (can't remember how to spell it), Utah. he seems like a pretty good guy and a good missionary. I've only met a few of our investigators so far. They include a lady named S, a lady named A, and a mother and daughter named D and A. We had a ward activity at the branch president's farmhouse on Friday, so I got to meet some of the members before church happened on Sunday. They seem like great people. One man in the Elders quorum swears I look like John F. Kennedy. That was a new one. I've heard I look like Russell Crowe a couple times on my mission :) I guess I just have one of those faces. On my first day here, we also did service helping a lady set up a haunted forest, which was kind of fun. We basically just moved a bunch of dummies to various locations.
I am glad to hear that Ella is here. She looked really cute in the pictures. That is exciting news. It is strange to be an uncle!
I suppose I will probably have more to say about the area once I've been here a little longer. In the mean time, I hope you all have a blessed week!
Love,
Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment