Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My swim in the Big Walnut Creek comes to an end (just kidding; we're not allowed to swim!)

Sept. 17, 2014

So, I found out today that I am getting transferred. I am excited. I have enjoyed much of my time here in Big Walnut Creek and have learned a lot, but I am glad to try somewhere new. We will go to transfer meeting tomorrow and I'll find out my new area and companion. I will miss some of the people here, but hopefully we will be able to keep in touch. 

It was a pretty good week. The nine day gaps are always long.
We haven't heard from M. this week. He is still in the hospital. We really hope he is okay. The hospital where he is at is outside our ward, but hopefully some members can go visit him. I hope to hear news that he is getting baptized soon after I leave here. B. is making a lot of progress as well and she and her fiancee are very motivated to make positive changes in their lives, more that they have been since I've been in this ward. We were able to start teaching Imogene this past week and she wants to come to church on Sunday. It is pretty neat. I will miss working with these people.

We had an exchange this week with the other Elders in the ward. I spent the day with Elder Rodriguez in their area on bikes. It was a pretty good day. Exchanges are almost always fun. We had a zone activity today where we played soccer and ultimate Frisbee, which was also pretty fun. Having friendships with other missionaries is always nice. 

I hope that all is going well at home. Hopefully Ella comes soon. I will keep praying for you all and for Uncle Paul as well. Thank you very much for the letter and all the notes. I really liked the little thought from President Hinckley as well. Anyway, I hope you all have a blessed week!

Love,
Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment