Monday, February 2, 2015

January 26, 2015

Jaunary 26, 2015

Well, Wednesday was an interesting day. We had fun playing some games with the ward mission leader and a few other people, then transfer calls came. Elder Orton got transferred. Later that evening, President Daines called and told me I was training. They didn't tell me on the regular day since I went to the training meeting just a few months ago. It was a big surprise. We got to the transfer meeting safely, despite the fact that Elder Orton's bike fell off the rack on the freeway. It was miraculously dragged along by a strap and when we pulled over, the only damage was a big scrape on the seat and some scuffing on the hand grip. Eventually we got to the meeting. My new companion is Elder Davis, from Mount Pleasant, Utah. He seems like a good missionary, though he is pretty quiet. It is always a rough couple of days starting training because the new missionary doesn't know the area or anyone in it and the trainer has to make most of the plans, but it has turned out okay so far. The baptism on Saturday went well. The only hiccup was that the water was cold. B and B.J. were pretty excited, though. The confirmations went well yesterday, too. Another neat thing happened yesterday.One of the recent converts in the ward, D. P., was receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood and asked me to be the one to do it. I have never done that before, so it was a really neat experience. Now we are trying to find new people to work with. I'm not sure if I've mentioned R. before, but most of his family are members and he is excited to work towards baptism. I hope that works out. I hope you all had a good week. I always appreciate the email. I would really appreciate some paper letters, too, especially in the next few weeks. I love you all so much. I can't believe how fast a mission goes or how difficult it is, but I know I am growing a lot and I am grateful for that. Have a good one!

Love,
Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment