Monday, August 25, 2014

Aug. 11 2014

August 11, 2014

Well, I hope everyone has had a good week since the last time I talked to you. Ours hasn't been terribly eventful, but some good things happened. We got a couple of new missionaries transferred  into our ward/district, which is always interesting. Elder Dubach's new companion is named Elder Rodriguez. He came into the mission field during the same transfer as Elder Dubach and me. One of the sisters in our ward also came out that transfer, so there are 4 of us here. Weird. We've been knocking doors in a lot of different areas. It is sometimes tricky to find places that I haven't already knocked in the time I've been here, but there are a few areas that have been relatively untouched. We keep trying to get in touch with people. We'll be meeting with K. tonight, so hopefully he'll be there. J. reads the Book of Mormon and really wants to come to church, but here health is very frail, so most weeks she just doesn't feel up to it. She keeps telling us she'll surprise us one of these weeks though. We have been teaching C. her new member lessons and she is going to the temple to do baptisms this week. She is so excited and it makes me happy to see her grow in the gospel. On Friday night, a couple of members took us and the other Elders out to a Mexican restaurant, which was fun. M. is still doing well. He has read the whole Gospel Principles book now and I think he enjoyed church again yesterday. We are just getting some logistical things worked out and hopefully he will be able to be baptized at the end of the month. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. It sounds like there is a lot going on at home with babies and weddings and stuff. That is always interesting news. If you guys want some more moisture, we can always lend you some from out here. I've been told this has actually been a very mild summer for Ohio, though. Hopefully that doesn't lead to a winter as bad as last one. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I know it's been a while since I've sent any. I need to remember to take more from now on. Anyhoo, I hope you all have a blessed week!

Love, Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment