Tuesday, October 29, 2013

 
 
October 28th  2013
 
We usually email between 12 and 1:30 here, Mom, which I guess would be 10 to 11:30 there. If you get on during that time, I think I am allowed to email back and forth. I forgot today, but in the future, I can send a message when I first get on the computer to let you know I'm on.
It has been a good week in many ways. We didn't find many people, but we had some really good lessons with the investigators that we have. We had two lessons with D. this week. For one of them, she had us and a couple of members over to her house for dinner. She even came to the Halloween party and brought her niece. She is progressing really well and will be baptized soon. We also had a good lesson with M., whose husband P. is a less-active member. He has an amazing handlebar mustache. They made us breakfast on Sunday and came to Sacrament meeting. We were going to make them breakfast first, but they said no :) We are working with a few other good people, but it is tough to get appointments very often. We had the opportunity to go downtown to the Nationwide Children's Hospital on Friday to give a blessing to a little boy with a lot of health problems. I was able to anoint him and Elder Loosli gave the blessing. It was a good experience. We saw a black squirrel this week, which was exciting, I suppose. It was nice to get letters from you guys, and from a couple of other people as well.
I am glad things are going well there, especially with the trees. I didn't expect those to be taken out so soon, but I guess it is a good thing if they were dangerous. I guess the lack of leaves is a plus. We have done plenty of leaf raking and leaf blowing here for a lady who needed service. We also mowed her lawn. I guess David is right about this being an "adventure," but it's probably not in the way he thinks. It was good to hear from Britton and I am glad he is doing well. I'm also glad that your trunk or treat and primary program went well. Our trunk or treat was an overall success, though they did the trunk or treating inside because it was cold outside. Elder Loosli and I gave out pass along cards instead of candy in hopes that the kids will share them with their friends.
I hope all things are going well there,
I love you all
Love, Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment