Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December 16, 2014

December 16, 2014

Hello, everyone. I suppose you have concluded by now that I wasn't transferred and that I am still here with Elder Orton. I am thankful that we are both still here. It promises to be a great transfer. It was a pretty good week. We did a little more caroling with the other missionaries, which got a really positive response from people. Now hopefully they will look at the website attached to the candy canes we gave them... We started teaching a couple of new people, which is always good. We hope that we will be able to help them progress. On Wednesday, preparation day, I went with Brother Jastal from the ward and Elder Nelson, one of our zone leaders, to the big Air Force museum by the base. It was pretty cool. There were lots of neat planes. With transfers, we got one new zone leader and I found out that Elder Taylor got transferred into our zone, so I will get to see him sometimes :) Throughout the rest of the week we have been doing more visiting and finding. On Saturday,  there was another baptism in the ward that I got to play a musical number for, which was fun.  On Sunday, we found out that the parents of one of the recent converts in the ward want to take the lessons, so we will be starting that in the next couple of days. We are excited. It is always nice to have someone who WANTS to learn and be baptized. Yesterday we had a big training meeting with half of the mission because Elder Perkins of the Seventy is here touring the mission. We drove all the way to Columbus with the zone leaders and Brother Bristow and spent the day listening to talks and doing role-plays and things. It was fun to see a lot of the missionaries that were there. I also learned a lot. Elder Perkins talked about how meetings should be revelatory experiences and had us each think of some questions that we needed answers to. By the end of the day I had some pretty good answers. It was neat. Well, I'm looking forward to Skyping on Christmas and seeing you all. I wish I could see Britton, too, but I guess we'll have to wait. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a blessed week!

Love,
Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment