Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014

Being in a rural area is definitely different than what I am used to. Things are much slower here. Thankfully, though, we do have some good people to work with and some good members to help us. J.D. is still doing pretty well. The next step with him is to just come to church. Hopefully he can put it into his schedule. D likes us to visit but gives a lot of excuses. We have had a chance to teach a neat guy named A. this week who has started to read the Book of Mormon and wants to keep reading and pray about it. He is in a rock band and played a hymn for us that he wrote on his guitar. District meeting went really well this week. We talked about Christlike attributes, and I feel like it was uplifting for everyone. We went on exchanges with our zone leaders this week, so I got to spend a day with Elder Shields in the Hayden Run area, which is located in Hilliard, a suburb on the West Side of Columbus. I found out that J, who I was teaching in Marble Cliff has moved into that ward, and the missionaries there are teaching him, so that was kind of cool. I also found out a few weeks ago that M. that I taught in Marble Cliff is getting baptized in a different ward. Pretty neat. We got to go to the temple, which was really nice. We saw the third new film, which was neat. I'm really glad we had the chance to go.
I loved the pictures of Ella in her blessing dress. She was super cute. I'm glad to hear that the blessing went well!
I hope everyone has a blessed week!
Love,
Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment