Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First P-day

Hi, Mom :)

I have received all the dear Elder letters and the package :) Thanks! I haven't got anything from anyone else yet. Hopefully I'll get something from a friend today or tomorrow or something. The week really has gone by fast, though the days seem slow. Some days have been really good, others have been a little hard. Overall though, I really like it here and I am having a good experience. We got to go to the temple this morning. It was nice, though it was hard to get up even earlier. I've had a cold or something for the past few days so that's been a little tough as well. I've been taking medicine, so hopefully I'll get better. I've been using a poweraid bottle, but since it would cost to send me one, it would probably be cheaper for me to just buy one. It was really great to see Brigham on Sunday and fun to sing in the choir. I also have seen Bryan Grigg and an Elder named Mckay who was in some classes at school with me. I recognized an elder from my mission prep class as well. Last night at devotional, I got to see both Jesse and Brigham and talk to them for a few minutes in the hallway. We sang in the choir for the devotional, which was broadcasted to several of the international MTCs because Elder Neil L. Andersen was the one who spoke. We didn't get to see him up close, but it was still neat that he was there. I also saw Audrie as a Usher, but from a distance during the talk, so I couldn't say hi. Jesse and Brigham got some pictures of us; I didn't have my camera. I think they will make sure they get circulated. If I still have some computer time later I will try to send some of my pictures. That's neat about Lauren and Cam's house. I hope it turns our well.
 
Elder Hendrickson and I have done a lot of role-play teaching, which has gone pretty well so far. The "investigators" (some of whom are actual nonmembers, but we've only taught members we're pretty sure) are really good actors and it makes for a really good and sometimes spiritual experience. All the Elders and Sisters in our district have become good friends and we get along really well. I found out that actually only Elder Hendrickson, me, and Elder Macarilay are going to Ohio. Elder Clark (our awesome district leader and roommate), Elder Pawson (also awesome room mate), Elder Pope, Sister Dotson, Sister Lind, Sister Harrison, and Sister Guerra are all going to Alaska. Some of the people in another district in our zone are going to Ohio though. A funny thing happened the other day. I call it the miracle of the multi-tool. My brand new belt broke! The leather that was screwed into the buckle snapped. Luckily though, Alaskan missionaries are supposed to bring multi-tools on their mission. Elder Pawson's leatherman had just the right tools to fix my belt and it seems like it will last me a while. I don't think I need a new one. No wonder God put me in a district with Alaskan missionaries :)
That sounds like a good talk and you will have to tell me about it. I'm glad the animals are doing well and that Elly likes new foods :) I love you guys so much and I'm really glad I got the chance to email you. I will probably send a snail mail letter later today with anything else to say that I can think of. I will also try to send those pictures and maybe another email later.
Bye for now.
I love you guys so much
Love, Elder Schow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment