Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

One of the interesting parts of being a district leader in a new district is going on exchanges with the Elders in the district. On Tuesday, I got to work in the town of Springfield with Elder Taggart. It was an interesting day. Some plans fell through and it started raining, but it was still pretty good and we had fun. We switched back to our regular companions at district meeting the next day. The meeting went pretty well, I think. I also got to do a baptismal interview later that evening. We've been visiting a lot of people this week  as well as doing some finding, which has at least led to some potential investigators. One is a lady named P. who has been using crutches for 10 years. We are meeting with her tonight and hope we will be able to teach her. We also met an older man named E. who let us in his home and talked our ears off for a while. It was very tough to really get a word in edgewise. He said we could come again, so we will go back and teach him. On Thursday we had zone conference with our zone and the other zone in our stake. It was a really good meeting. There was some helpful training and talks. Later Thursday evening, we had what they call a "ministering night." For me that meant going teaching with a member of the stake presidency to visit a couple of families. It went well enough, though the information I had on one of the families was rather inaccurate. Oh, well. I'm still new here :) The ward had a chili cook-off on Friday night with us missionaries as the judges. It was an interesting experience testing a couple dozen chilis. Some of them were downright weird. It was fun, though. On Saturday, the ward mission leaders daughter was getting baptized and we went to the service. Sister Mecham was playing the prelude music on a violin and they nabbed me and made me play, too. The violin I had to use was purple. It was kind of fun.  All in all it was a pretty good week. I have had a cold or sinus infection or something this week, but I'm starting to feel better. I hope you are all doing well there. I love you all! Have a blessed week!

Love,
Elder Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment