Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014



January 20, 2014
Hello, to everyone back home. It was great to hear from all of you! It has been a pretty good week overall. Thanks for your prayers. We finally got someone to church. However, he texted us later on Sunday and told us that being a Mormon is not for him. Oh well, we will get the other people there next week. We are getting better at locking people in on their commitments. We had an exchange with our zone leaders where they came to our area and that was one of the things they worked on with us. We have found several good new investigators this week and some good potentials. It will be good to see how they progress. We had a few good lessons. One investigator named B. said that he would live the Word of Wisdom without much objection. He said he won't buy anymore coffee, is already going to quit smoking, and shouldn't have a problem quitting alcohol and tea. He is one of the people that will really take off once we get him to church. Same with J. We just need to get them there. That is going to be super weird to come back and see the changes in the ward, but I'm glad things are going well, especially with the S. family and missionary work. It was also fun to see Arthur the kitty. :) To answer your question, Mom, the doctrine/principle I have most been concentrating on has been finding joy or peace in the journey. It is something I will try to keep working on.  Already, my mission  is going by so fast and I don't want to miss out on the good opportunities I have here. I know I have learned a lot and am becoming a stronger person. I will keep looking up.
Have a blessed week,
I love you all,
Elder Ethan Schow

No comments:

Post a Comment